Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I'd Rather Stamp Than Cook

My sister-in-law Tracy shared this recipe with me. It takes almost no time to prepare, is delicious, and pretty healthy too. She did not have a name for it but I call it Southwest Crockpot Chicken. It will give you more time to do important things like stamping.

Southwest Crockpot Chicken

4 frozen boneless chicken breasts
1 can corn
1 can black beans - rinsed and drained
1 jar salsa (I sometimes use 2 if the jar is small)
1 block of cream cheese

Place 1st 4 ingredients in crockpot in the order given. Cook on high for about 6 hours. Remove the chicken breasts. Place the cream cheese into the crockpot to melt. While it's melting, cut or shread the chicken into bite size pieces. Give the crockpot a good stir until the cream cheese is mixed in. Return the chicken to the crockpot and enjoy over your favorite rice.



No comments: